Souvlaki opened for business in the fall of 1982. The original location was across the street on Draper Road. Souvlaki was associated with the original Greek’s Restaurant, established in 1920 by the late Nick Kappas. Throughout the years the family has owned and operated four restaurants in the town of Blacksburg. While some continue under different management, Souvlaki still remains with the original family.